About Christian Education
“But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” — Jeremiah 17:7-8 New Internation Version
We Partner With Your Family
First Baptist Church strives to assist families and individuals to find meaning and purpose in their lives. We exist to help each one understand why we are alive and to discover God's amazing and unique plan for our life.
Having The Right Foundation Is Important
Building strong roots is important to plants and people alike if they are to withstand the storms life inevitably brings to all of us. The earlier in life one begins the better it will be for them. This is why we offer opportunities for learning God’s Word, the Bible, to every age level, including adults.
- Sunday's at 9:30 AM we have one hour classes for children starting at age two through adult. Our name for this is Sunday School and many refer to this ministry as religious education. Whatever label you choose it is special at First Baptist in that it is not just for children. Youth and adults alike participate.
- The church nursery is available during the Sunday services and the Sunday School hour for infants and toddlers. It is centrally located just off the Welcome Center we often refer to as “Grand Central” in a room designed and created just for them. It is staffed by experienced volunteers.
- During the week our Christian Children's Center operates a Pre-School and Pre-Kindergarten.
We Were Created To Be Part Of God's Family
Developing good relationships with other people is important for as we learn to live in community with one another.
- First Baptist has a long history of this kind of ministry with children and teens. The church offers youth programs during throughout the year.
- More recently we have redesigned the Wednesday Bible Study into Small Groups held at various places and times. Check out our new small group ministry for adults. This has allowed for many more people to “get connected.”
Our church library is a prolific resource for the community. We lend many books, videos, and DVD's. There are resources for children, youth and adults. Looking for a good Christian book? Stop by and check out the library!
|Anne Manna||Sunday School
2010 - 2013
|Doug Whitmarsh||Sunday School
2010 - 2013
|Liz Hollbrook||Chairman,Jr. Church Coordinator
|Marcia Whitmarsh||Nursery Coordinator
|Stephanie Collins||Secretary, Nominating Committee